Current Employment Opportunities
||Claim Support Specialist
||Eastern Alliance Insurance Group
As a Claim Support Specialist, you will provide support to the Claims Department in order to deliver superior levels of customer service in support of the Company’s revenue and profitability objectives and overall business plan.
- Serve as point of intake for initial reporting of claims for workplace injury or illness. Accurately enter complete data in accordance with company jurisdictional requirements to set up new claims in computer system. Research coverage on reported claims not matched to valid policies
- Sort claims by medical only and lost time; review information on claim to ensure accuracy and completeness, request additional information if needed. Distribute claims to the appropriate individuals in accordance with established timeframes.
- Enter and maintain accurate claims data and/or corrections. Promptly update and/or correct data as required by company procedures and Unit Stat Reporting requirements (e.g. PCRB, DCRB, NCCI, etc).
- Respond to telephone inquires from agents, customers, injured employees and providers in a professional, courteous and timely manner; providing high levels of customer service at all times
- Generate copy of Injury Reports for agents on mailed/emailed claims
- High School diploma or GED with a minimum of 1 year experience in a medical office, legal office, or claims environment required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and assess the urgency and importance of a situation and take appropriate action.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications, including Word & Excel and the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Associates degree with insurance experience
- Fluent in Spanish
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. reserves the right to modify job responsibilities and required skills based upon company needs. Employees may be required to perform functions beyond those mentioned.
Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants for employment are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or non-job related handicap or disability. Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc. promotes the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity with respect to all phases of employment.